“The 2160 Early Riser planter with steerable Rowtrac Carrier System provides up to 74 percent increased flotation over a wheeled carrier to reduce soil compaction,” said Tony McClelland, Case IH planter marketing manager. “With more square inches on the ground, toolbar weight is evenly distributed to improve planting performance in areas of the country, such as the Dakotas, with soft, loamy soils and/or wet planting conditions.”
- Increased flotation reduces compaction and improves yield potential in challenging field conditions.
- Industry-first three-axis steerable track solution provides better maneuverability and a smoother toolbar ride compared with wheeled carriers.
- One set of track paths controls in-field traffic and reduces pinch-row compaction from dual wheels.
- Fore-aft track oscillation provides excellent ground contact and weight distribution on undulating terrain.
- Side camber promotes even wear and extended track life through uneven terrain and roading.
The 2160 Early Riser planter continues the accuracy, durability and simplicity found throughout the 2000 series Early Riser lineup. Toolbars from 60 to 90 feet allow producers to move quickly from field to field with the flexibility and technology they need to speed up planting without sacrificing agronomic performance.
“The Early Riser row unit creates the industry’s only flat-bottom seed trench to provide proper depth and more consistent seed placement,” McClelland added. “From there, the gentle two-stage closing system ensures excellent seed-to-soil contact for fast germination and uniform plant growth.”
Built on proven Agronomic Design™ principles, highlights of the 2160 Early Riser planter include:
- Rugged row unit built for unrivaled accuracy and dependability — up to 10 mph, depending on field conditions.
- 26-inch toolbar clearance, plus a 60 percent increase in vertical row unit travel to accommodate rapid terrain changes.
- Factory-integrated Case IH and Precision Planting® technology, including vSet® 2 meter with vDrive® electric drive, DeltaForce® hydraulic down force, SpeedTube®, CleanSweep® air cylinders, and granular and liquid fertilizer options.
- Automatic and in-cab adjustments and tool-free crop changes help to quickly adapt to in-field conditions.
Visit caseih.com or your local Case IH dealer for more information.