2017 lineup combines variety-specific management data with elite yield potential.
This item has been supplied by a forage marketer and has not been edited, verified or endorsed by Hay & Forage Grower.
CROPLAN® seed by WinField United has announced its complete seed portfolio for the 2017 growing season. Backed by industry-leading technology and localized expertise, CROPLAN® seed gives farmers new and bold products for pushing yield potential.
Corn and soybean growers will have an abundance of choice as they prepare for next year. “But it’s more than just sheer volume,” said Mike Anderson, marketing manager for CROPLAN® corn and soybeans. “Our sellers rely on ‘decision ag’ tools like our R7® Tool to show how environmental and agronomic variables affect performance of a given hybrid. This helps farmers decide which seed is best for their field, not just a seed that performed best nationally,” Anderson said.
Placement strategy coupled with high-end yield potential embodies the 2017 CROPLAN® seed class, with a number of exciting product characteristics not previously available.
- Roundup Ready 2 Xtend® soybeans offer newfound herbicide trait technology for versatile weed control (upon EPA chemistry approval). Farmers will have their pick of 33 Roundup Ready 2 Xtend® soybean offerings, as well as other high-yielding soybean genetics. Additionally, farmers will still have access to familiar cropping systems they have come to know and trust, including newer, higher-yielding varieties of Roundup Ready 2 Yield and LibertyLink® products.
- WinPak® seed is comprised of a 50/50 blend of offensive and defensive beans in similar maturities combined into one bag. Varieties paired in each WinPak® seed offering work together to buffer the effects of weather, soil and disease variability by protecting yield potential on tough acres while maximizing yield in higher producing areas of a field.
ALSO NEW FOR 2017
- Sixteen new hybrids will be available for 2017 planting, each backed by extensive management-specific Answer Plot® program data.
- SilageFirstTM seed is the newest category of high quality, high tonnage corn hybrids for exclusive use as silage, designed to meet the specific nutritional needs of dairy herds.
- CROPLAN.com <https://www.croplan.com/> has undergone a complete makeover, with a more polished look, greater depth of information and easier navigation. The “Find Seed” function allows users to locate seed by region, seed type, relative maturity or days to maturity depending on crop. Farmers can also filter by response to population, response to nitrogen and response to fungicide; and response to continuous corn.
- The R7® Tool is faster, more customizable and user-friendly than ever before. Users can assign multiple hybrids to a field and create a prescription map that places different hybrids within specific management zones. The Soil Variability Maps were also adjusted to help better visualize the soil profile making it easier to select seeds for heavy or light soils, ensuring the right seed is planted in the right spot. The R7® Tool operates on a single platform accessible from PC, laptop or tablet.
About WinField® United
Winfield® United is the seed, crop protection products, agricultural services and agronomic insights business of Land O’Lakes, Inc. As an industry leader, the business focuses on meeting the needs of nearly 1,300 locally owned and operated cooperative and independent agricultural retailers and their grower customers across the United States. Through data-backed, insight-driven agronomics, operational excellence and sustainable solutions delivered under the WinField® United, WinField®and United Suppliers® brands, the business helps retailers successfully meet farmers’ needs.WinField, CROPLAN, Answer Plot and R7 are registered trademarks of Winfield Solutions, LLC.