Precise dry applications
The Trident 5550 combination applicator features the optional New Leader® NL4500T G4 Edge variable rate dry nutrient applicator and a new level of precision dry-product application.
"The NL4500T G4 Edge uses patented precision spinner technology," Burns said. "It spreads dry product faster, wider and more consistently." And it does so with outstanding flexibility.
The MultApplier option increases productivity by allowing application of two dry products simultaneously or independently at straight or variable rates in one pass.
"Micronutrients continue to gain popularity," Burns said. "The MultiBin option increases application options to four products in a single pass. That means fewer trips across the field for reduced soil compaction, labor and fuel consumption."
Unique, new technology smooths the ride
"Since the new chassis on the Trident 5550 can carry liquid or dry application systems, it requires a suspension package capable of carrying high-capacity loads and applying those loads over a wide range of speeds," Burns explained. The solution: an exclusive new load-compensating suspension.
The system features a pneumatic cylinder at each suspension joint to help maintain ride quality and load leveling. An engine-powered air compressor supplies the air to cylinder, which automatically adjusts according to operating mode and load weight.
Enhanced applicator features
Features and capabilities of the Trident 5550 liquid/dry combination applicator include:
- High-capacity productivity. The Trident 5550 combination applicator provides the capacity necessary for long run times between fills. The Trident 5550 Liquid System features a 1,400-gallon tank, and the NL4500T G4 Edge offers a bin up to 330 cubic feet.
- Easy axle adjustment. Right from the seat in the cab, the Trident 5550 combination applicator lets operators quickly and easily adjust axle settings in 1/2-inch increments, no manual stops required.
- Surveyor cab. Luxury or deluxe Case IH Surveyor® cab options include features and options designed to keep an operator fresh and productive.
- Automatic and in-cab adjustments. Automatic and in-cab adjustments, such as load-compensated suspension, independent axle adjustments and an optional automated rinse feature help reduce operator fatigue and increase productivity.
- Efficient power. With 390 engine horsepower, the Trident 5550 combination applicator is the highest-horsepower high-clearance combination applicator available.
- Hydrostatic drive for complete control. The in-cab speed control knob lets the operator infinitely adjust speed and helps maintain appropriate load:speed ratios whether in the field or in transit.
- Integrated precision farming technology. The Trident 5550 combination applicator brings together all that Case IH Advanced Farming Systems (AFS) offers, including the latest, most advanced precision technology, such as AccuBoom automatic boom section control, AutoBoom automatic boom height control and AccuGuide autoguidance.
"Compaction is a big concern these days," Burns said. "A larger footprint on the ground can help make wet fields more accessible and reduce soil compaction."
The Trident 5550 combination applicator is the first applicator featuring factory-available duals in row crop tire sizes. A variety of tire options help support operating over three seasons in a variety of ground conditions, crop types and sprayer or spreader configurations.
For more information, visit your Case IH dealer or caseih.com.
Case IH is a global leader in agricultural equipment, committed to collaborating with its customers to develop the most powerful, productive, reliable equipment designed to meet today's agricultural challenges. With headquarters in the United States, Case IH has a network of dealers and distributors that operates in over 160 countries. Case IH provides agricultural equipment systems, flexible financial service offerings and parts and service support for professional farmers and commercial operators through a dedicated network of professional dealers and distributors. Productivity-enhancing products include tractors; combines and harvesters; hay and forage equipment; tillage tools; planting and seeding systems; sprayers and applicators; site-specific farming tools; and utility vehicles. Case IH is a brand of CNH Industrial N.V. (NYSE: CNHI / MI: CNHI).