• Quick dry down helps preserve hay and forage quality.
• Fast transport speed reduces wasted time moving between fields.
• In-cab easy machine adjustments and multiple machine options can boost a customer’s bottom line.
Hay and forage harvest is a race against time, with tonnage and feed value starting to decline the moment the crop is cut. New John Deere W200 Series Self-Propelled Windrowers help farmers harvest their crop quickly and efficiently, while promoting quick dry down for high-quality hay.
“The W200M and W235M Self-Propelled Windrowers offer a cost-effective option for farmers to consider with an all-new cab and a new lower horsepower option,” said Chase Milem, John Deere hay and forage marketing manager. “Beef and dairy producers will benefit from the W235R and W260R, thanks to a new premium cab loaded with integrated technology and innovative features that let them easily make in-cab adjustments to improve windrow formation and dry down.”
The new windrowers provide:
- R Windrowers offer 10% wider windrows than previous models.
- 24-mph transport speed that reduces time spent moving between fields.
- Easy in-cab adjustments of swath flap and forming shields, with tilt and height resume.
- JDLink™ enabled machines help to ensure peak operation performance and keep the owner connected to their machine at any time from anywhere.
The W200M and W235M are available with optional Starfire™ receivers and a Generation 4 CommandCenter™ with AutoTrac™. Optional TouchSet™ controls allow operators to quickly adjust windrow width, and tilt from the cab while cutting. Using the TouchSet settings library presets and resume function, operators can move between settings with ease. This level of control makes it easy to optimize the windrowers to accommodate for varying field and crop conditions. Operators can electronically adjust windrow formation from the cab to optimize the crop being cut, to promote fast dry down. Thanks to a maximum transport speed of up to 24 mph and improved fuel consumption compared to previous models, time and money are saved when moving between fields.
“Every minute the crop stays in the field after cutting, reduces tonnage and decreases hay quality,” Milem said. “John Deere W200 Series M and R Windrowers provide customers with the unmatched ability to get the most from every acre, at reduced acquisition and operating costs.”