Marketing options, as well as alfalfa establishment and weed management, will be topics examined during the Wyoming Forage Field Day, July 10, at the Eden Valley Community Center, Farson.
A forage establishment session by Anowar Islam, University of Wyoming (UW) Extension forage specialist, will begin the program.
Other presentations will be:
• “Forage Fertility: Improving Your Bottom Line,” by Joe Brummer, Colorado State University Extension forage specialist,
• "Weed Management in Hay Fields,” by Andrew Kniss, UW weed scientist,
• A session on legumes by Robin Groose, UW agroecologist and plant breeder,
• “Economics for Hay Production,” by Bridger Feuz, UW Extension educator,
• “Hay Marketing,” by Donn Randall, Wyoming Business Council Agribusiness Division program manager.
After lunch, machinery dealers will be on hand to display and demonstrate equipment.
The workshops are all free. For more information, visit the University of Wyoming website.