The keynote speaker for the event will be Tom Kilcer, former Cornell Cooperative Extension field crop and soils educator. His keynote address is “Primo Feed from Winter Forages – More Than a Cover Crop.” Following lunch and the Michigan Forage Council Annual Meeting, Kilcer will present “Harvesting Forages for Profit” in our afternoon session.
Breakout sessions that focus on hay and silage management and grazing management will round out the afternoon.
Hay and silage management topics:
- Dairy Producers Panel—How to Use Forages for Maximum Return on Investment
- Understanding Forage Sample Analysis – Steve Adsmond
- Forage Research Update – Kim Cassida
Grazing management topics:
- Grassfed Beef Project Update – Jason Rowntree
- Grazing Multi-specie Cover Crops – Jerry Lindquist
- Producer Panel—Secrets of Successful Dairy Graziers
The cost of the event during early enrollment is $45 for Michigan Forage Council members, $55 for non- members and $20 for students. Early registration deadline is Friday, March 24. Add $10 to the registration fee for registrations after Feb. 24 and at-the-door registration (lunch not guaranteed).