Building on the success of prior Bobcat® telescopic tool carriers, Bobcat Company has expanded its line with the new V723 VersaHANDLER® telescopic tool carrier.
The new V723 expands the Bobcat family of VersaHANDLER telescopic tool carriers, also known as telehandlers, making it ideal for operators who need extended reach and greater lift capacity. The durable V723 is in the 7,000- to 8,000-pound size class, and it can confidently handle heavy loads. Its low profile fits on more farms and construction jobsites while easy maneuverability provides operators with enhanced comfort throughout the day. Plus, the new V723 features the Power Quick-Tach attachment mounting system to increase utilization.
Increased machine protection
Add strength to handle heavy loads with new V723 boom pivot and enclosed frame welds. The machine’s boom pivot has a thick steel reinforcement for enhanced durability and long life. Protection for vital parts, such as the lift cylinder, and brackets designed to support maximum loads, reduces stress on the machine’s boom, pivot point and chassis. For additional support, heavy-duty, enclosed frame welds offer extra reinforcement throughout the frame.
For greater productivity, the V723 is designed with an enclosed engine compartment that helps keep out dust and debris, ensuring long component life. A side-by-side cooling package design improves the machine’s efficiency. The radiator, oil cooler and intake air coolers are mounted side by side, carefully located to receive the same quality and temperature of air, which provides efficient, consistent cooling ability, even in the most severe, dusty and dirty conditions.
In addition, an automatic reversing fan helps keep the radiator area cleaner, longer – extending productivity and uptime while reducing the immediate need to clean debris by hand. Just press a button to reverse the cooling fan or set it to automatically reverse at 30-, 45-, 60- or 90-minute intervals to purge the system of dust and debris.
The V723 has a variety of other uptime protection features:
- Fine mesh intake screen to help prevent large debris from entering the engine basket and plugging the radiator.
- Diesel fuel is contained in a durable, rust-free polypropylene tank to minimize condensation and contamination of the fuel system.
- Battery run-down protection that automatically shuts down after the predetermined time and voltage level, preventing accidental battery discharge.
- Machine shutdown protection system to continuously monitor engine coolant, hydraulic oil, engine oil and other vital machine functions.
- Optional window guards to protect operators and their investment from falling and flying debris.
Non-DPF Tier 4 solution
Bobcat engines have a specially designed combustion chamber that minimizes the amount of particulate matter (PM) the engine creates. The amounts are low enough that a diesel particulate filter (DPF) isn’t needed for Tier 4 compliance, which simplifies maintenance as well as operation.
A turbo-charged, 100-horsepower Bobcat diesel engine provides superior power to help operators complete just about any job. It is side mounted for better visibility and easier maintenance access. Both sides and the bottom of the engine are protected with a thick steel frame, while rubber-engine mounts reduce shock during all-terrain use.
Selectable steering and travel modes
The versatility of the V723 is endless with three steering modes to give operators application-matched maneuverability.
- Front-wheel steer: Enables top-speed road travel, eliminating the need to haul the machine on a trailer from jobsite to jobsite.
- All-wheel steer: For quick and tight turns.
- Crab steer: Precise side-to-side positioning.
- 2-Speed travel option: Offers two speed ranges, each with its own high and low setting, for improved productivity and better maneuverability.
- Speed management: Adjusts travel speed independently from engine speed. Operators can use their accelerator pedal to set the engine speed to the optimal setting for the attachment they are operating, then dial in their desired travel speed.
- Inching control: Reduces drive speed without reducing power to the attachment, enabling slower, more precise control without sacrificing productivity.
Enhanced operator comfort
The V723 features cab efficiencies, and creature comforts ensure operators are productive all day. A boom cushioning suspension system makes it easier for operators to handle the load, providing a smoother motion as the attachment angles to its minimum or maximum pitch, or when the boom reaches full retraction. Plus, a ride control cushioning suspension system allows for more comfort on rough terrain and uneven surfaces, allowing operators to work longer with less fatigue.
The patented asymmetric cab design with a wraparound rear window and a split door provides 360-degree visibility. This innovative design allows for easier communication and ensures operators have a clear view of the jobsite. Plus, an easy-to-read instrumentation panel gives operators an edge in equipment operation. The backlit display panel monitors major functions, features intuitive attachment controls, operation lights, warnings and an hour meter for quick service checks.
An enclosed cab with heat and air conditioning is standard for V723 telescopic tool carriers, minimizing dirt and dust inside the operating area and keeping the operator refreshed through the work day. Automotive-style vents allow operators to point the air where they need it, providing enhanced comfort. Operators can adjust the steering column with the tilt steering feature to meet their desired height. In addition, an industry-leading joystick allows operators to control several functions, including travel direction, lift and tilt functions, boom extension, and auxiliary hydraulics from the cab. A three-way cloth adjustable suspension seat is standard to increase operator comfort, especially when operating the V723 for extended periods.
Unmatched attachment versatility
With the standard Power Quick-Tach system, V723 operators push a button to retract the pins and release to quickly secure the attachment. Operators can change non-hydraulic attachments, such as buckets and pallet forks, without even leaving the V723 cab.
The V723 is approved for use with the following attachments:
- Bale fork (accessory for rigid pallet fork frame)
- Bucket, general purpose: 93 inches
- Bucket, ag grapple: 96 inches
- Bucket, light material (2.6-yard volume): 96 inches
- Bucket, XL light material (3.2-yard volume): 96 inches
- Pallet fork, floating: 44- and 56-inch widths
- Pallet fork, rigid: 44-inch width
- Pallet fork, rigid with side shift: 44-inch width
Quick Look: V723 VersaHANDLER® telescopic tool carrier
Horsepower: 100-hp, non-DPF Bobcat diesel engine
Operating weight: 17,155 lb.
Maximum rated lift capacity: 7,700 lb.*
Maximum lift height: 22 ft. 10 in.*
Maximum reach: 13 ft. 5 in.*
Auxiliary hydraulic flow: 26.4 gpm
Travel speed, low (Gear 1): 3.1 mph
Travel speed, high (Gear 2): 18.7 mph
Three steering modes: Front, all-wheel and crab
*When equipped with pallet frame and forks, load center.
ABOUT BOBCAT COMPANY
Bobcat Company, headquartered in West Fargo, North Dakota, is a worldwide leader in the manufacturing and distribution of compact equipment. Bobcat® compact equipment includes skid-steer, all-wheel steer and compact track loaders; compact excavators; mini track loaders; VersaHANDLER® telescopic tool carriers; utility vehicles; Toolcat™ utility work machines and attachments. Bobcat is a global brand with more than 550 dealer locations in North America and the leader in compact equipment – the industry’s original innovator, beginning more than 50 years ago with the first compact machine and predecessor to the skid-steer loader. Bobcat is a business of Doosan Bobcat North America. For more information on Bobcat products, visit Bobcat.com.
Certain specification(s) are based on engineering calculations and are not actual measurements. Specification(s) are provided for comparison purposes only and are subject to change without notice. Specification(s) for your individual Bobcat equipment will vary based on normal variations in design, manufacturing, operating conditions, and other factors.