Gowan USA, LLC today announced its new Affiance® Fungicide Guarantee Program for dairy producers throughout the United States.
“We’re so confident in the ability of Affiance Fungicide to increase the feed value of corn silage that we’re offering this ironclad guarantee,” stated Chad Dyer, Affiance Product Manager for Gowan. “Dairy producers just need to purchase one case of Affiance Fungicide from their chemical dealers to use on their silage corn, and if it doesn’t produce more milk per ton of dry matter versus their non-treated corn, we’ll refund the cost of the Affiance.”
- Go to www.AffianceFungicide.com and click on the “Dairy Guarantee Program” link to view the rules and restrictions, register for the program, and view the results of Affiance Fungicide silage corn trials. Producers must register on the product website in order to participate in the program.
- Purchase one case (five gallons) of Affiance Fungicide from their local chemical dealer, and notify the dealer they are participating in the Dairy Guarantee Program.
- Apply 10 fluid ounces of Affiance per acre to a silage cornfield of their choosing at the V4 – V8 growth stage, making sure to leave an untreated strip for comparison. Affiance treated versus untreated comparison must be made in the same field and on the same hybrid of corn.
- At the time of harvest, submit samples of the treated and untreated silage to your local dairy lab for feed quality testing.
- If the lab results show the Affiance Fungicide treated sample doesn’t produce more milk per ton of dry matter, Gowan will refund the cost of the Affiance up to $900 ($180 per gallon).